Tri-City Dance Centre Covid-19 Protocol
1. You will need to know what studio your child’s class will be held in. That will determine where you pick them up.
For Studio 5, they will wait outside the studio or in the car until they see the class before them let out of the studio. For Studio A,B,C,D they will enter through the side door on the left hand side of the building and up the main stairwell, through the doors upstairs.
The doors to the studios will open 15 minutes prior to the first class. Dancers are not permitted to arrive more than 10 minutes early. Please aim to drop off your dancer no earlier than 8-10 minutes before their class.
2. Dancers are to only bring in what is absolutely necessary for their class. School backpacks must be left in the space at the top of the stairwells. The dancers should be changed when possible and wearing shoes that are easy to take on and off.
3. If a dancer has MORE than one class on a certain day and will be moving studios, they will take a clean basket when they enter and place all their belongings in it. Everything they bring in to the studio MUST fit in the basket. They will carry the basket from studio to studio and when they leave, they will place the used basket in the “used baskets” bin beside the “clean baskets” bin. The baskets will be continually sanitized.
4. Bathrooms are assigned to each studio. Studio B and C will each have a stall in the girls bathroom. Studio D (and possibly 5- we are waiting to hear if the downstairs bathrooms will be open) will use the Boys bathroom and Studio A will use the handicap bathroom. This way, we keep each studio as a cohort. The bathrooms are cleaned every 15 minutes minimum between 4-8 pm. For this reason, all bathrooms will be “unisex” at this time and no change rooms will be open. Changing, if absolutely necessary, will have to occur in the designated bathroom.
5. The waiting area is open to parents and siblings for a maximum of 5 minutes. Dancers are permitted to use the waiting area if they have breaks in between classes. Masks are required at all times.
6. Parents of children 6 and under are asked to remain close by if their child is in Studio 5 in case we need you to take them to the bathroom. There will be an assistant in the room for some classes on Saturdays to assist with this. It would be very helpful if your dancer got in the habit of going to the bathroom before leaving the house.
7. Dancers will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the studio. Those on breaks will be asked to wash and/or sanitize their hands while moving through the lobby area.
8. MASKS ARE MANDATORY at all times for all ages, including during class. It may take a bit for the dancers to get used to them, but unless your dancer has a health issue that would prevent them from wearing a mask for a full class, please make sure they know they are to wear theirs.
If a dancer arrives without a mask, a disposable one will be given to them at a cost of $1.00.
9. The Office will be open between 2-7:30pm for phone calls or in person appointments. Appointments should be set up in advance. Please call 604-523-6868 at any time between these hours. We will do our absolute best to answer every call. If you need to get in touch with your child, we can relay a message for you. Their cell phones will be off during classes. Your dancer can come in to the office any time between 2:00-7:30 to purchase tights, hairnets etc. Please send them with cash or a debit card. We will apply a 3% credit card fee to all transactions now.
10. If your child or anyone in your household has ANY signs of Covid-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, body aches not associated with dance, vomiting, cold like symptoms OR has been exposed to Covid-19, they must not come to the studio. We can arrange to have them take the class by Zoom. You must email the studio to request a Zoom lesson no later than 2pm on the day of their class.
11. All of our studio open/close/holiday/theme dates have been sent to you including the Recital date in June and our Preview show for those in the PTP or Performance Program. We do not yet know what 2022 will hold as far as theatres go but we are optimistic we will be able to resume some degree of “normalcy” by then.
12. If, in the sad event we have to close our doors due to a Covid outbreak, all classes will be held as usual at the regularly scheduled times on Zoom. Should a closure last more than 6 weeks, we will make a determination then about what we will do. We faced devastating losses from the last closure and hope everyone will stick with us should a short closure happen.
13. By sending your child to dance class and by them entering the studio, you are confirming they are in good health with no Covid symptoms, have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid.
Let’s keep our dance studio the safest place to be for everyone!